Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hummus. It's what's for dinner. (*Raw, *Vegan, *GF)

Hummus (Raw, Bean-free)
from Living & Raw Foods
This is one of my all time favorite recipes I have come across!!!  I have always been a huge fan of hummus but when I discovered a recipe that was a raw hummus, I had to try it.  Instead of chickpeas it uses raw zucchini!  Crazy sounding, I know.  But I promise I have served this to many people and no one has ever suspected the main ingredient of this dish.  My children love this recipe as well and at least once a month we have "Hummus Night" where we will serve a big bowl of hummus and a bunch of veggies.  I have not, however, told them they are eating raw zucchini.  Some things are better left unsaid....

Ingredients
2 medium zucchini
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic
2 tsp sea salt 
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
3/4 cup sesame seeds
3/4 cup tahini
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin

Process zucchini, olive oil and garlic first in food processor.  Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
Enjoy!

1 comment: